6.20.2007

swallow


I've been meaning to post this for a while.
My good friends Marty Schnapf and Tahni Holt and a few other folks put together a little performance/ concert about a month back. It was all for the finale of Marty's installation at the downtown Stumptown called "the swallows", in which Marty had projected a series of words on the wall of Stumptown.
10 of us (Marty, Tahni, Sarah Farrell, Tom Thorson and Nancy (interiors project), Jesse Lichtenstein, David Neevel, Liam Kenna (Megadome, Snuggleups), and Katie O'Brien-Clarke (Iretsu)) all created a song around the words from Marty's show. The fun part was that each of us joined in and contributed to each others songs. It was all strung together by a performance/drinking game conceived by Marty and Tahni. Hard to explain, but it worked.

Lots of folks showed up for the performance, and although we didn't have much of a sound system (or stage for that matter) everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

The best part for me was meeting a ton of cool new people. I hope to stay in touch.

  • my contribution.
  • 1 comment:

    Sarah P. said...

    I really like your artwork, especially the "Player Hate...Participate" piece. But I'm also posting a comment because I'm an old friend of Marty's from college. My name is Sarah Hauer (though now it's Prendergast because I got married). If you see Marty, tell him he showed up in a dream I had last night, and i would love to get back in touch with him. And I'm so excited to see that you and he are part of all this creative collaboration going on in Portland. I hope it spreads and spreads, and that artists everywhere continue to work collectively, spontaneously, to inspire each other more every day.